Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What this blog is about

Hello. I'm glad that you found your way here!

This blog will be a venue for me to share with others some of the best books which I've read. Most of these will be memoirs. Some will be general nonfiction. And there will be an occasional fiction book as well.

Ah, the internet world. I tried other blognames. The name"bestbooks" is taken, although the blogger merely set up the site and has done nothing with it yet. Also taken is "bestnonfiction," by a young woman who is writing nonfiction about her own life. Bully for them, I say. Perhaps there would have been another, better, name for this blog, but this is what I thought of in the moment. This is how we end up with our strange names for ourselves these days - email addresses, screen names on boards and YouTube, names for blogs.

I've never been able to use my own name, Anne McCoy, as an email address. Every ISP that I've ever been on has already had the name in use. If you happen to be one of these other Anne McCoy's, drop me a line. I'm curious about you. Just free associating, that reminds me of a documentary I saw once, where the filmmaker went across the country meeting other women who shared her name. Hm. I might have to try to find out the name of that film. Hm. Maybe this blog will include films as well as books. We shall see. You could add me to your favorites and stop back to see what happens.

Until next time.

3 comments:

  1. I share your enthusiasm for memoirs. I used to read more novels than memoirs, not i read a dn teach memoirs. I've recommended the parrot book to a student...
    If you liked Hayes' book, you might like my memoir, INSOMNIAC.
    I appreciated your disclaimed. I'm having a hard time with my webpage/blog, sleepstarved.org.
    Gayle Greene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you give me a chance to correct the ridiculous typos in that last posting...sorry, it happens when I'm in a hurry. I hate to think of those frozen for all time on the web. ( I teach English, after all)
    Gayle Greene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne, thanks so much for writing this blog. I am a lover of memoirs and non-fiction. I am also writing a memoir, still needs alot of work but maybe someday you'll comment on it LOL! This gave me great ideas for my book list which is never ending!!! Need to finish up Eat, Pray, Love before moving on to the next great read. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete